Know When to Visit Neurologist for Headache?
Headaches are common to human beings. But, still, some are much more serious and need attention. Simply put, it is you who have to understand whether you are experiencing the average headache or you need to consult a neurologist for headaches. As a general rule, if you sometimes experience non-severe headaches, there is nothing to worry about, but if you are experiencing frequent and severe headaches can be the cause of any underlying health issue.
Some headaches are complex, but fortunately, there are many possible treatments. But, make sure you visit a neurologist like Dr Anil Dhingra, the Best Neurologist in Chandigarh. It is because, complex headaches associated with sleep disorders, neck pain, and many other symptoms are beyond the scope of a primary care doctor who is not a specialist in the specific field. Only a specialist neurologist can help differentiate between a common and a complex headache.
Signs that You Should See a Neurologist for Your Headache:
- Frequent Headache: If you are experiencing frequent headaches like you are having two or more headaches per week, you may need to consult a neurologist who can help you add a preventive medication to your treatment plan.
- Headaches Getting Worse: If your headaches are getting worse with time, is a clear signal that you need to visit an expert neurologist who can help you properly diagnose the right cause of your headache. Only an expert neurologist can help you recommend the right treatment.
- Rebound Headache: It is such a condition when you are experiencing a headache for more than 10 days and it is continuously developing even after taking prescribed medications. This may signal that you need further tests to make sure you are properly diagnosed and on the right treatment. These are hard-to-treat headaches that may cause several underlying health problems or even taking too much pain-relieving medication.
- Secondary Headaches: This type of headache mainly affects people over 50 years of age. A secondary headache may be the underlying cause of stroke and other physical disorders. So, if you are developing a headache at your age, make sure you visit an expert neurologist who can help you diagnose the actual cause of the headache.
- Post-Traumatic Headache: If you are experiencing a headache after an injury in your head, this could indicate post-traumatic headache. It requires treatments from an expert neurologist like Dr Anil Dhingra, the best Neurologist in Chandigarh.
A neurologist like Dr Anil Dhingra, the Best Neurologist in Chandigarh, can help identify the cause of symptoms of headaches and create a treatment plan for both common and complex neurological conditions so that you can live a healthy life.