Five Common Nervous System Disorders & Their Solutions
Nerves are the communicators between your brain and spinal cord with the other body parts. Simply put, all the systems and actions of the body ranging from running, walking, cooking, and demonstrating to sleeping depend on the nervous system. You can easily understand how important it is to keep your nerves healthy and functional.
But, unfortunately, most people suffer from slight to severe nervous system disorders. You will be surprised to know that there are more than 600 recognized neurological disorders today. But some are most common and experienced by many people in their lifetime.
Dr Anil Dhingra, the best neurologist in Chandigarh has recognised some most common neurological disorders and also tells about the remedies.
5 Common Nervous System Disorders & their Remedies:
- Stroke: Stroke occurs due to the lack of oxygenated blood supply in the brain or complete blockage of the arteries. It results in brain damage leading to the inability to walk, balance, difficulty in thinking, and many more. Here a neurologist can help you assess the damage to the brain and the severity of the stroke. The treatments for stroke can range from physical therapy, speech therapy, and cognitive exercises to helping patients recover.
- Alzheimer’s disease: It is a neurological disorder that progresses with time affecting memory, language, and cognition. In most cases, it leads to dementia. Unfortunately, there are no such treatments or medications that can cure this disease, but still, there are drugs that can help you slow down the progression of this disease.
- Migraines: Migraines can be characterised by severe headaches that last for two or more days. Though there is no clear-cut answer regarding what is the cause of migraines stress, hormonal disorders, and anxiety can lead to migraines. When it comes to its prevention measures, medication can help you prevent migraines.
- Spinal Cord Disorders: If you have an injury to your spinal cord can affect the overall functions of your spinal cord. Some most common spinal disorders are cervical myelopathy, lumbar myelopathy, and thoracic myelopathy. So, if you have spinal cord disorders, make sure you visit a neurologist. It is because only a neurologist can help you detect the affected location and the cause of your spinal cord disorder.
- Epilepsy: If you have epilepsy, it may lead to seizures resulting in abnormal brain activity. This is not surprising that people with epilepsy live a normal life with no relapse in some cases. But still, some medications can help patients reduce or prevent seizures.
These frequent nervous system conditions can be avoided by leading a healthy lifestyle. But if you’ve already started to experience certain symptoms, stop searching now! The best neurologist in Chandigarh, Dr Anil Dhingra, is always prepared to give you the best advice.