Conspicuous Neurological Symptoms You Should Look Out For?
The nervous system is a super complex network that connects us to the world around us. When you experience something that goes wrong in your body, it might be symptoms of an underlying neurological disorder.
Therefore understanding the symptoms of neurological disorders is important, otherwise, you may be unaware of the fact that you have one. There are several common neurological disorders that most people experience, but they can be cured if you identify each one. Dr Anil Dhingra, the Best Neuro Surgeon in Chandigarh always recommends his patients listen to their body and not overlook the common health issues.
5 Common Neurological Disorders & Ways to Identify Them:
- Headaches: It is one of the most common neurological disorders that can affect people of any age. Though headaches may occur from stress, excessive workout, and migraines that are not life-threatening. Many times the sudden onset of a severe headache, or headache associated with fever can be serious and needs your attention.
- Epilepsy & Seizures: One of the most common neurological disorders, Epilepsy seems to be abnormal electrical activity in the brain. It can make you more susceptible to having recurrent, unprovoked seizures. One seizure in your life does not mean that you are suffering from Epilepsy. But two or more Seizure symptoms can be a sign of Epilepsy.
- Stroke: Stroke is a major concern that is caused due to lack of blood flow to the brain, or sometimes caused by a clot or blockage in an artery. It can affect your body in many ways such as balance difficulties, eyesight changes, facial weakness, arm weakness, speech difficulties, and many more that require immediate attention.
- ALS: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is considered a rare neuromuscular disorder that can affect the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. The symptoms of ALS may include muscle weakness, twitching, stiffness in muscle, slurred speech, and difficulty in breathing and swallowing. Though this condition is difficult to diagnose, there are treatments to help you feel relief. But make sure you start the treatment as early as possible.
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementia: It is a common problem among older adults that is commonly termed memory loss. The symptoms include getting lost, having difficulty managing finances, difficulties with regular activities, forgetting the names of close family members and friends, problems with language, etc. Though Dementia progresses slowly, it should be evaluated by an expert neurologist like Dr Anil Dhingra, one of the top Neurologists in Chandigarh.