How to Cure Neuropathic Pain without Surgery?
Are you living with nerve pain? Then it can be a long-term proposition for you. Though some nerve pain gets cured on its own, some can stay for years. So, if you are experiencing nerve pain that is becoming worse day by day, it needs your special attention. Then you must consult with your doctor who can offer you the best treatment. Don’t worry! Neuropathic pain can be cured effectively without surgery. The only thing that you have to do is to go to the doctor without any delay.
Dr. Anil Dhingra, the best Neurosurgeon in Chandigarh helps patients to cure their Neuropathic pain with the help of some innovative techniques when there is no urgent need for surgery.
What are the Causes of Nerve Pain?
Neuropathic pain comes from nerve damage, mainly caused by diabetes, side effects of drugs or chemotherapy. Again some other common causes lead to neuropathic pain-like shooting and burning pain or tingling and numbness:
- Nerve problems
- HIV infections/ AIDS
- Multiple myeloma
- Spine surgery
- Thyroid problems
Know About Some Effective Neuropathic Pain Treatments:
By diagnosing neuropathic pain with the help of a thorough physical checkup, your doctor may offer you a specific solution depending on the type of pain that you have. In general, Neuropathic pain treatment can be cured with the help of some treatments as described below:
- Medication: Anticonvulsants and antidepressant drugs are considered to be the first line of treatment for Neuropathic pain. Again some specific neuropathic pain demands anti-inflammatory drugs to ease the pain. But make sure you are taking these medicines only after the doctor’s prescription.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy can help you to reduce symptoms like stiffness, inflammation, soreness associated with nerve pain. It reduces nerve pain and works as an overall healing solution. Physical therapy is mostly done manually by physical therapists. Some of the effective physical therapy techniques are soft tissue massage, nerve gliding, bone realignment etc.
- Relaxation Therapy: If you suffer from chronic stress, it can also result in nerve pain over time. Yes, that’s true. But the good news is that several natural measures can help you to reduce both your stress and nerve pain such as meditation, progressive relaxation, externalizing techniques, snoezelen, biofeedback, hypnotherapy etc.
- Massage Therapy: It is one of the most effective treatments to cure Neuropathic pain. For instance, suppose a nerve of your hand is pinched that causes numbness, pain, tingling, weakness and several other issues. Here massage therapy can help you to get the best benefits.
- Acupuncture: It is an effective technique that is commonly used to treat nerve pain while relieving discomfort. It is proved to be the best treatment for peripheral neuropathy as it has fewer side effects.
So, if you are suffering from nerve pain, it is recommended to consult with a doctor who can give you the best pain management solution without surgery. Dr. Anil Dhingra, the best neurosurgeon in Chandigarh always focuses on providing the best consultation to the patients regarding any neuro-related issue.